Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sewing With My Grammy

I have recently taken up sewing.
I have forgotten how much I really enjoy it!



My Gram is teaching me everything 
I should ever know about sewing.

It's so amazing to spend the 
time with her, and learn all the 
skills and steps it takes to 
create something from start to end.





My Papa made this pin dish for my Grammy, I have one too!
It's this little things that makes the finish product, that much more special. 



TOP 5 THINGS TO KNOW WHEN SEWING WITH GRAM

1)  Ironing is something that my Gram is very keen on.
2)  Go slow...even if you have to go so slow you might as well be going backward!
3)  Measure twice, or 40 times....cut once!
4)  Patterns have their own language and are sometimes REALLY dumb!!!
5)  The ripper is a gals best friend...you will use it a lot!


Gram is hard at work :)




The finished product!
Beautiful, custom tea towels for my kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment